The Woman’s Club
A Vital Organization
Founded in 1894, The Woman’s Club is an organization dedicated to enriching the lives and education of women. Today, the over 1,500 members come from all walks of life and range in age from their mid-20s to well over 100. They work in professions or in the home; they volunteer or enjoy retirement. Together, they listen to speakers, attend classes, take part in book discussions, go on trips, and share in a number of special interest groups.
The Woman’s Club is a 501(C)3 organization supported by member dues and house rental fees. The Education Endowment Fund, a 501 (c)(3) organization, was created by the members of the Club to support education by awarding scholarships.
Meanwhile, The Bolling Haxall House Foundation, a 501(C)3 organization, is funded exclusively through donations, which maintain and preserve the Club’s historic headquarters. The Woman’s Club is committed to remaining in this house, maintaining it as a Virginia Historic Landmark and as part of the National Register of Historic Places, and making it available as a resource for the Richmond community at large.